It’s nice to come home after a long absence.
Does three weeks count as ‘long’? The comfort of familiar surroundings is reassuring. My home, my bed, my regular workspace. And my blog. It’s almost as if I am looking at something entirely new, browsing my own blog, looking at photos I took myself, and yet seeing things with a bit more distance, noticing stuff as if for the first time. The recurring colour splashes of red and pink on my blog yeah, I am a girl…, the regularity of alternating shrine posts and round-ups, the obvious need to update my round-up header with a new picture, cos frankly, the old one makes me yawn… And funny coincidences such as the “Guylty’s finest posts” widgets on my front page displaying three + three of the same round-up posts’ headers. A look at my stats tells me that – despite my absence – the viewing figures spiked every Saturday. I take it that visitors came to guylty.wordpress.com in the hope of reading the regular weekend round-up – and in the absence of new material clicked on old round-ups instead. That is a nice thought – I am glad to think that a) old material got another airing, and b) there is a regular readership who checks on my blog every weekend. Thank you for your loyalty!
That is actually what motivates me to blog and to participate in this fandom, cos frankly, the fandom drama in the past week really put me off. The fandom experience for me is so much more connected to real, existing inter-fan communication than the vague (illusion of) interaction with Mr A, and when there is major faction fighting going on, it simply stops being fun for me. I don’t mind differences in opinion, but I dislike when debate turns into polemics or preaching. I followed much of the brouhaha via Twitter and blogs from my holidays, and while it didn’t ruin my holidays as such (priorities, people!), I certainly spent a few hours following the whole thing, to the point of feeling equally relieved as well as dismayed at being absent. Relieved because my absence made participation in discussion largely impossible, and dismayed because my absence made participation in discussion largely impossible. I feel as if an important turning point was reached in the latest Tweet/DeleteGate, something that I would like to record and process for myself, yet I don’t want to flog a dead horse, either. We’ll see.
I’ll go for a time-delay tactic and post the weekly round-up instead. Complete with new header image. Apologies if some of the links are older than one week – I had to dig a bit in the Richard Armitage tag to assemble the round-up. Enjoy!
- Shortly after I had posted the last round-up, I came across this post by non6ix. Not sure if it is too late now, and apologies for the free advertising but since non6ix’s mini-Thorin is on of my favourite pieces of fan art and the post includes many illustrations, I am adding this link for pre-ordering non6ix’s book here
- Circusgifs’ series of gif sets of “First and Last Appearance”, Series edition, is so clever. Really love this, particularly Harry… Who’s your favourite?
- I am not *quite* sure what “Zuko” in Sinnaminie’s Zuko Richie refers to… Danny Zuko from Grease? Whatever, he’s cute and quite “Richard-y”
- Eh, does anyone *not* mean business when it comes to snuggling up to Guy of Gisborne??? From the “What a Guy wants” series by nfcomics
- In the unlikely event that you are *not* on Twitter, here is a tumblr post by richard-crispin-armitage which embeds Urban director Candida Brady’s request for suggestions on extras for the film – sounds as if she may be looking at private distribution or crowd-funding or some sort of packaging of the film
- I know this bts shot of Richard on the Hannibal set is not new, but somehow it fascinated me. Posted by aniarafan2
- Sooo. Love, Love, Love is really on, and fans have bought tickets. Here is a fan who has a couple of tickets to sell. Not sure if they are still going, but just in case, you can contact doubleoncall
- I haven’t seen Richard’s latest stint as a king, but I nonetheless second weshouldfondue’s call for a petition. Do you?
- I think this is a digital manip, but I really like the idea of actually making a 3D piece of fan art like this one by mar-omana-love. The simplicity of it is so cute. It’s kind of a plainer, classier picture version of one of my shrines
- A Guy edition of hands by totallyradioactive15
- I do remember that a few years ago, Richard’s Hobbit memorabilia was allegedly stolen, but I had never seen this picture evidence as posted by hobbitjt
- Loved this artwork of John Thornton and Margaret Hale. By loliwobbles
- Reflections173 has put together a tribute post for Francis Dolarhyde. Here are quotes (and gifs) from 3×09
- And as a titillating end, a bit of Guy, captured by Circusgifs. What a question… Darling, I already did…
That’s it for this week, I’m afraid. That’s what happens when you are not checking tumblr regularly 😉. Hope you enjoyed it, though.
To make up for the lack of material, how about a few little candid snaps of Pop!Thorin fooling around on holidays? The moody monarch was actually in top form, swimming like a brick and diving like a cork. He graciously posed for a few pics.
Have a nice weekend, and thank you for returning to read!