So, guys, what did you think of that whole “heartfelt letter”
manipulation suggestion by Epix the other day? Anybody follow the call and send some sweet words to the man? Well, cynic that I am, I firmly decided against any free Twitter advertising for Epix public outpourings. I have never been much of a “correspondent” when it comes to RA. Not least because “correspondence” implies that there is a mutual exchange of letters going on. Since writing to RA is a little bit like cycling your bike into a cul-de-sac – only one way in, and the same way out – I have never felt particularly keen on investing much effort into letters that are potentially not even read by the recipient. Well, maybe they are read; I do know that he has occasionally referred to letters he has received from fans. But the last such reference I can remember was 2014 re. the Crucible, and even if you just think about it logically it is clear that the man can’t possibly read – never mind *answer* – the amount of mail he receives. So no birthday cards from me; no best wishes for new projects; no letters of condolence. I send those messages via my blog. The only exception I make is Christmas – in order to credit Richard’s fans who deserve their fundraising efforts to be seen by the man on whose behalf they are conducted. – I haven’t written this year’s card yet. But I will, because I haven’t given up hope yet that he might sign a few photos for us again. (Last year’s Christmas card with enclosed photos for requested signatures went unanswered. But as we all know now – it was a difficult year, and I do understand that answering fan mail was not at the forefront of RA’s mind.) In any case, since we have so many new readers here, here’s the fan service of the week: If you would like to write a heartfelt – but possibly private – letter to Richard, this is the address to send your letter to:
c/o United Agents (Fan Mail)
12-26 Lexington Street
And now on to the round-up – catching up on two weeks.
- How cute is this? Moodyhedgie catches Trevor and Thorin on the Christmas tree
- Could sustainability be a New Year’s resolution for RA? RA-of-light has a suggestion
- Audio book fan or no, but this is a gorgeous 8 page collage of Richard behind the mike and the various audio pieces he has performed so far. Brilliantly put together by riepu10
- I have no idea where this “dimenson jump” thing might come from, but I totally approve of the concept. Posted by fizzyxcustard
- And another riepu10 gif set – just because I was completely mesmerised by this shy rock star Guy gatzing love-lorn at his love
- Drldeboer does what she did very well during previous seasons of BS: screencaps of Daniel. Niceeee
- I think this is a crop of a promo pic posted by Epix, but nicely cropped by jassy2101
- Kendaspntwd gifs lots of pretty Daniel in BS 3×01
- Yeah, I have given up smoking, but boy that first picture in the series of Daniel caps by ausschweifendemotte… Well, ok, and the other ones are great, too. (I am slightly worried that I like looking at injured Daniel that much…) In fact I have about 20 caps of battered and bruised Daniel myself *eeeek*
- Love this big cap of Daniel plus accompanying gifs by yatanis
- Thanks to riepu10 we can compare Daniel Miller’s look in season 2 with his look in season 3. I definitely prefer season 3. You?
- Famous last words? Caught by deepestfirefun
- Did I already post the latest plushie? Season 3 Daniel Miller. By sinnaminie
- Interested in an autograph of Richard’s? Here’s an old one from 2013, on sale from lilithaluna
- Jeeez, I’m tellin’ ya, I’d love to see that sight every day at work, too. Gif by ausschweifendemotte
- Hmph. Manspreading at its best. But ok, I’d probably forgive this guy any kind of mansomething. Gif by ghisborne
- My dad and I used to call sunglasses like that “mafia glasses”… but well, ok, Daniel looks good in anything. Gifs of sunglasses-bespectacled Daniel by riepu10
- Now, *this* is a bit of a heartfelt letter – even though not addressed at Richard at all. But don’t we all know what oriviun means?
Sorry all, it was very heavily biased towards Daniel Miller this week. But well, just look at the pretty pictures and disregard everything else. Hmph. (Ha – btw, tonight is Sunday – which means episode 3 should be aired tonight, right? Will we find out what happens to Daniel???)
Anyway, before I go, I am bringing you a little Christmas gift courtesy of our ode-maker extraordinaire, Ms Kathy Jones. She sent the following piece of art to my bts – and it really deserved a little Christmas treatment.
Keep dreaming, everyone! And happy 2nd Advent.