Phew, what a morning. I got up at 6 am this morning – only to find out it was actually 5 am: My alarm clock was still on summer time. I was up early because I had to take my mum to the airport at 6am. As I went back to bed to snooze another hour before the *right* time, my area had a power outage. The old house I live in – a 200 year old Georgian number that stretches four storeys over basement – was eerie and dark, and difficult to navigate for my mum as the bathroom is two levels away from the guest room. We made it to the airport in time, though. The power cut lasted four hours, though, hence the delay in posting this week’s round-up.
Usually I compile the round-up on Friday nights, but yesterday I had a reason not to sit at the computer. It was my birthday, and we had a lovely home-cooked dinner with my mum and my children. I’d like to take the opportunity to say thank you to all the good wishes I received from you – via snail mail, in parcels, by e-mail and on Twitter. Much appreciated, although the new number still upsets me.
It’s only downhill from now on.
Adding to the slight whiff of depression was another piece of news I read yesterday. After eleven years at the helm of RAnet, Ali will not be able to maintain the site anymore.
I can’t update this info on my website as the software is no longer compatible with my website host. The site will remain active until the end of the year and then I will be switching it off. #endofanera
— RichardArmitageNet (@RAnetdotcom) November 1, 2019
This is mainly due to the fact that the software RAnet is build on, is now outdated and will soon not be supported anymore. It’s a blow for my activities as a blogger, as I still use RAnet as a resource for my posts. I wonder whether there will be any alternative. I am very grateful to Ali for all the hard work she has put into making RAnet a wonderful platform and resource for fans all over the world. If you can, please do give her some love 😊
And now, the round-up.
- Let’s start with James, giffed by riepu10 from the latest My Zoe trailer
- Richard’s chaRActers drinking… perfect gif set for birthday toasts, btw 😉. I think this is an older set, posted by hiddlespeare
- Controversial: I find bare feet in shoes irresistibly sexy. Thank you to RA-of-light for enabling my kink with this set of pictures
- The Conor McPherson adaptation of Uncle Vanya has been announced as paperback. I think it’s not available yet, but richardarmitagefanpage has posted the info
- Also from richardarmitagefanpage, a compilation of some photos from the God’s Love We Deliver event in NY last week where Richard can be spotted in the background
- A few more screen caps of James looking distraught, caught by deepestfirefun
- This set, also by deepestfirefun, could be come a fan favourite. Includes major thumb porn!
- A gorgeous piece of Thorin fan art by maddsaa. I love the colours in this, like a winter sunrise sky
- A couple of fan selfies with Richard, taken at TIFF, and reposted by richardarmitagefanpage
- Note how uncooperative ex James turns into loving daddy!James in this gif set by riepu10
- I don’t think I have seen this scene from O8 giffed yet. Gets a special mention thanks to the comment meme added to the post by waller-bridge
- Thorin as an advisor? Seems to work in interesting ways, as stabmejagger says
- Lily-sb checks out the face behind the voice… I think I would’ve looked for Guy rather than Daniel
- LOL. This is how love works. Put together by tommyshelbe
- Reblogging this post by charlesanthonybruno was a must
- Is it hot in here or am I just menopausal? *fans herself* An oldie by riepu, but… reasons
- Riepu10 has a thing for Trevor, it seems. Which one do you like best?
There we go. Hope this was worth the wait ☺️
PS: Have you entered the raffle for the latest RAPS? Halloween may be over, but the raffle is still open until tomorrow (Sunday) 12 noon GMT. Ordinary time, that is, *not* summer time 😂