No way, it’s Saturday, and Sonja posts a round-up 😂. Miracles happen… Is it the sunshine (although still cold outside), or the prospect of asparagus with diced smoked ham this evening, that has dialled my mood and energy to eleven? The week started tough, with a trip to A&E Sunday evening. Those of you who follow me on Twitter know already that it was actually not for Mr Guylty but my own self. I had gotten worried about my leg pain and followed my GP’s advice to go to hospital as soon as the pain moved to the inside of my thighs. Perversely, my panic and worry *subsided* with every passing hour in the A&E waiting room – I figured that the initial triage must have put me as a non-urgent case, considering that several people who arrived *after* me were seen *before* me. Anyway, the (lovely) doctor after the examination merely confirmed that it was Sciatica. I came away with a prescription for medication that apparently is not a pain-killer but “changes the pain perception”… Who would’ve thought that my first experience with mind-altering drugs would be at this ripe age? 😂 I have hope that the pain will be manageable, going forward. So far the stuff has been working great. Could be a placebo effect, but the leg pain is less uncomfortable than before. That might also be the result of my super-comfy Sciatica gel cushion – feels like sitting in clouds – and doing my exercises as well as walks. Or of the boost of happiness I received when a gorgeous bunch of flowers was delivered, courtesy of my Irish fellow fan Deirdre.
Isn’t it beautiful? Thank you so much, Deirdre – it made me so happy!
As for Mr Guylty – still no vaccination appointment. When asking his GP, they hinted that he basically missed his slot to get vaccinated as part of the cohort of people with medical preconditions – and will now have to wait until his age group is being vaccinated. 😞 Stupid system, if you ask me, but there is no way of getting in touch with the authorities that are responsible for putting this list of vaccination receivers together. My in-laws have already received both jabs, and my mother in Germany is getting her first vaccine shot right now as I write. So there’s at least *some* of the worry off my chest. We’ll just continue being careful, I guess.
Ok, enough of the waffle, let’s do the round-up. There’s a nice list down below.
- This is a reaction called a “gateway”… Posted by msfcatlover
- Astrovian’s urge to include Richard in her work life sounds familiar to me. I remember using his work as examples in my photography degree homework 😂
- Universallywritinghotshotgaint describes her reactions to Astrov in UV
- Hehehe, just a small scene involving Thorin and Bilbo, by ghiva-shel
- In mininottingham it is already summer… Poor Guy, though, all in leather, head to toe
- TBT baby!Richard as Macduff in Shakespeare Retold. Such dark hair, so young. Thanks for the trip into the past, riepu10
- Thorinoakenshield8 googles Richard’s relationship status. I had to giggle
- Drldeboer is back with her screenshot collections. Here is a look at Astrov
- I love the idea of moodboards for chaRActers. Here is one for Guy, made by shutupthorin
- Totally selfishly including this 2-gif-set of Ricky Deeming – for the location. Filmed in Co. Wicklow, Ireland 😁. Posted by riepu10
- And another Astrov picture set by drldeboer – these images are just so f***ing dreamy
- Ladyngisborne has written a Guy of Gisborne time travel fan fic. I peeked into the first chapter and was intrigued. This could be good!
- Look at that. Guy’s season 1 + 2 leather jacket is apparently available as a copy. Here used for cosplay by ladyngisborne’s husband. (Hehe, the hubster is really adorable…)
- Interesting manip meant to illustrate ladyngisborne’s time travel fan fic
- A gorgeous photoshoot with a Thorin figurine that gets the scale so right. By thewarriorandtheking
- How cute is this Bagginshield fan art? I’m here for the cottagecore, t00thpasteface
- And look at this cutesy Thorin fan art 😂, made by izzywithapen
Yay, a very nice booty today.
No, not that booty…
Hope you enjoyed that.
Have a lovely weekend, all!