Those of you on tumblr may have already seen what I am posting in the round-up this week. I reblogged a lot of posts this week – that is my way of compiling the round-up in advance, keeping track of what I want to put into the round-up by fixing them on my dashboard on tumblr. I’ve had to compile the round-up early-ish this week, because my mother is arriving today. It is her birthday tomorrow, and she is turning 70. After the upheaval of the summer – emptying the family home, buying and moving into a new flat of her own – she has decided to forego the customary big party this year and instead escape to her daughter. (In Germany, significant birthdays are celebrated on a grand scale – by inviting all family members and all friends to a restaurant for a multi-course meal, followed by speeches and games, sometimes even dancing. It’s a wonderful way to celebrate, but also quite costly. So Mama is postponing the celebrations until early next year.)
My birthday present to mark the seventh decade is a short getaway with *all* her family to a plush hotel in the Wicklow Mountains. And so we are setting off as you are reading this, to be wined and dined in the Glendalough Hotel. Hopefully the weather will clear up tomorrow and we have time to take a gorgeous autumn walk over the monastery site next door to the hotel, and to the upper lake, after a hearty Irish breakfast. In a total first, I have actually created FAPS – a FAmily Pocket Shrine – so that I have something for my mum to unwrap as a birthday present.
I chuckled away when I was making this pocket shrine…
… only to have Mr Guylty point out that Mama doesn’t really speak English. Maybe the joke will be lost on her. Nonetheless, I thought it was fitting. A reminder of her family, to be kept in her hand bag. And extra special, as it is only the second time that I have put someone else rather than RA into a shrine…
Anyway, forgive me the excursion into private stuff, let’s get to the round-up.
- Inktober continues with sodasacd and a little homely scene. Poor Thorin…
- I love fizzyxcustard’s b/w mood board for Raymond de Merville
- Something for #TeamShrubbery, here is an assertive daddy Cahalan, fighting to have his daughter looked after. Aw. A gif set by riepu10
- Anybody remember trrriple-rrr? She wrote quality racy fan fiction for all of RA’s characters. This year she is planning to do an Advent project, and you can vote for the chaRActers you would like her to write about
- A gorgeous watercolour of Thorin le-petit-blog-d-elzaim. Yeah, maybe does not exactly look like Richard, but it is gorgeous nonetheless
- These gifs together with the words – beautiful. Posted by north-and-prejudice
- I completely second notthatmelody’s statement, and thank crazytxgradstudent for backing it up with visuals
- And here is fizzyxcustard’s coulour version of a Raybo mood board.
She really has a thing for him, right?
- I suspect this is a throwback to ages ago, but mezzmerizedbyrichard gifs a very funny moment from VoD – and I think her conclusion is spot on!
- Paul and his t-shirts…
did they all come from RA’s private collection, do you think?Here’s a scene giffed by riepu10
- We all know about Richard’s penchant for playing characters called John. Or who die. Redpaperowl has found something else…
- Most likely a re-post here, but mmzperx0506universe’s picture set of Daniel Miller starts off sexy and gets dark
- Gif sets like this one by notthatmeldoy are the reason why a separate arsitage tumblr exists
- I *do* love these reimagined book covers for Tolkien’s works. Very aesthetic. By linhiko
- Another one for #TeamShrubbery.
I’m feeling really generous today.Very pink. By lepersgisbornelepers
Hope you have a lovely autumn weekend, all. Wrap up warm, have a cup of cocoa, and dream of RA.