The temptation to ignore the round-up today was very strong. I missed last week, too, though, and then I thought that it somehow feels bad to start a new year with last year’s loose ends. So today I present you the last Weekly Round-up of 2017. This was, by the way, the fourth consecutive year of tumblr round-ups. They started in 2014, with the first one posted on January 4th.
Before I launch into the links, I just wanted to say I hope you had a great Christmas 2017. My Christmas was actually really nice, with not a single moment of discord between me and my mum. In fact, we had a lovely time, helped by the fact that we had something on our schedule every day: from the last preparations for Christmas on the 22nd and 23rd, tree decorating and gift exchanging on the 24th, then Irish Christmas with the in-laws on the 25th, the traditional Christmas walk with the family on the 26th, to two shopping expeditions with the kids on the 27th and 28th. I received lots of wonderful gifts from my family – and interestingly, this year there was only one Armitage gift among my loot. It came from our fellow fan Monica, and it is truly unique… a long ode, written in a book, illustrated with pictures…
What about you? Were your wishes fulfilled, and what did you find under the Christmas tree? Any Armitage gifts?
I finished my last work day of the year yesterday, and am now looking forward to a quiet and calm New Year’s Eve tomorrow night just with my daughter and my husband. I am planning to post again tomorrow, so I’ll leave it at that for the moment. But I won’t leave 2017 without a gallery view of the RAdvent CalendRA – just for the record and because it was such fun.
I must remember to make another one next year!
Did you have a particular favourite among the days?
In any case, here is the last round-up of the year, and the last time I am using this header – I think:
- Now, “cuddly” isn’t the term I would use, but jassy2101 makes a convincing case otherwise
- Belated Christmas greetings from Riepu10
- Giffed Christmas wishes (in German) from ausschweifendemotte
- After rewatching BOTFA a couple of nights ago, I completely agree with shallandvars
- In case you hadn’t seen it, Clematis70 has posted the cover of the forthcoming Martian Invasion audiobook that features Richard
- Ausschweifendemotte again with an edit that makes me think of carnival rather than Christmas
- Ooooh, I love these Christmas baubles posted by riepu10… just imagine *them* on your Christmas tree…
- Me, too, moonlightfantasia, me too!
- Hannibalstills posts two – well – Hannibal stills
- Do cats love Richard Armitage? Ausschweifendemotte seems to think so
- All the Claude Becker we can get from the O8 trailer so far, giffed by riepu10
- This is ch. 13 of a N&S fan fic by hannibatchsmuse that I hadn’t noticed until now. Go to AO3 for the full work
- Mezzmerizedbyrichard seems to have started a new series of picture posts – which is already at #10. Favourite pics of RA, of course. This is a cutie
- Interesting fanart by ffdom
- And *eeeek*, not sure how I feel about this manip by randomrviewer
- Hey there, girl… *hehe*. I like this little pic by smoops-and-smoops
- I don’t really like the word “dork”, but there is definitely something to this observation by weird-writings. And explanations?
- And this is the sort of fantasy that is so realistic, you have trouble UNbelieving it… By limerancy
- How cool is this? Mini Gisborne reunited with Marian and Robin, and walking around Verona of all places!!! Posted by mininottingham
- Not sure if I already posted this, but there is a series of drabbles here of Guyxfem! Reader by fandomgalcentral
Twenty is a respectable number for the last round-up of 2017, don’t you think? My thanks at this point to the active fan community over on tumblr – for sharing their work and fan art, for their fun thoughts, and for the tireless entertainment they provide. They give me a reason to post every week, and even if it sometimes feels a bit like a chore to compile the round-ups – when I am busy or on holiday – it is nevertheless a regular opportunity for me to engage with the fandom which I enjoy. – I very much hope that you, dear readers, also still enjoy this section of my blog.
Let’s start afresh in 2018.
Thanks for reading the round-ups and for being here!